No matter how hard you try but carpet do get stained all the time. Stains and spills are the most common form of damage to any carpet installation. The moment you spill any drink or food on the carpet, you must treat it before it starts to decolourise the carpet fibres. Carpet stain removal is an easy process which can be carried out by using many homemade solutions.
Remember stubborn or chemical stains require you to hire a professional carpet cleaning services. Self-treatment of old or stubborn stains can result in damage and deterioration of the carpet. Depending on the quality and type of carpet, you can prepare many carpet cleaning solutions at home. Ignoring carpet stain removal can compromise the hygiene and integrity of the carpets.
So we advise you to prepare the carpet cleaning solutions which we are providing you. Go ahead and treat all the carpet stains at home by these self-made carpet cleaning in Canberra.
Homemade Carpet-Cleaning Solutions
Synthetic Fibre Carpets
Detergent Solution: –An easy way to treat stains on a synthetic carpet is by using a detergent water solution. Just add some detergent to warm water.
Vinegar Solution: –Vinegar is a wonderful substance which can also provide better carpet stain removal results. Just make a solution of white vinegar with warm water both added in equal parts.
How to Treat Stains On A Synthetic Fibre Carpet?
- If the stain is mild, you can use detergent water solution to treat it. Just rinse a plain cloth in detergent water solution and use it to dab the stain again and again. You can rub the stained patch mildly and get rid of the stains by rubbing.
- Use any wet cloth to further clean the stained patch and get rid of remaining detergent, dry the carpet patch by pressing a dry cloth over it firmly.
- For heavy stains, you may need to use a vinegar solution. Pour some vinegar solution on a plain cloth and rinse it.
- Now dab the stain and let vinegar solution saturate the stain. Keep dabbing the stain for a few time and let the wet cloth rest on the stain for 15 minutes.
- If the stain persists, you can repeat the dabbing and also use a sponge rinse in the vinegar solution if the stain requires scrubbing. Clean the stained patch with a wet cloth and dry the carpet asap.
Baking Soda Paste:Baking soda can be used to treat mild stains on the natural fibre carpet. Just prepare a thick paste of baking soda with warm water.
Ammonia Solution:Mix a tablespoon of clear household ammonia with a cup of lukewarm water.
How to Treat Stains On a Natural Fibre Carpet?
- You can use baking soda paste to treat simple or mild stains on a natural fibre carpet. First, clean the stained patch with a dry cloth and absorb all the staining fluid and get rid of staining debris.
- Now apply this thick paste on the stained patch on the carpet and let it cover the stain completely. Let the baking soda paste dry on the carpet for an hour.
- After the paste has dried, you can use a wet cloth to clean the stain. Rub and scrub the stain again and again till it fades away.
- Vacuum clean the carpet to get rid of staining debris and baking soda powder. Repeat the process if the stain persists.
For Tough Stains
- First, you need to clean the stained patch with a cloth to get rid of staining debris or liquid.
- Now add ammonia solution into an empty spray bottle. Using the spray bottle, spray the ammonia solution over to the stained patch on the carpet and let it saturate the stain.
- Rinse the cloth again in this ammonia solution and use this cloth to dab the stain repeatedly. Don’t rub or scrub, just keep dabbing or blotting till the stain fades away.
- Clean the carpet stained patch with a cloth rinsed in detergent. Get rid of the staining debris and ammonia left on the stained patch.
Hire Our Professional Carpet Cleaners
Stains can be the worst nightmare for any carpet installation. Chronic staining will destroy the appearance and integrity of the carpet installation. Ace Steam Cleaning as a professional carpet cleaning service can provide you with the best and effective carpet stain removal services. We have a highly trained and skilled staff of professional carpet cleaners who can handle and clean any carpet in no time.
We deliver specialised carpet cleaning services as per the need and requirement of our customers. Hire our professional carpet cleaning services at low and reasonable costs today and get your carpets deep cleaned by experts at low and reasonable costs.
Have a Look Here – How Often It is Necessary to Clean Stains and Spill from Carpets